Ming Engineering Plastic Sdn Bhd (MEPSB) is committed to provide a working environment where the human rights of worker are upheld and employees are treated with dignity and respect. MEPSB management and all of its employees shall be responsible in conducting business activities in accordance with the Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition’s Code of Conduct (“EICC Code”), and local Human Resources (HR) policies.
I. MEPSB is committed to conduct its business in an honest and professional manner and uses the Code as its guide to promote compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations and the prompt reporting of possible Code violations.
II. MEPSB shall be guided by the following Labor Standards:
- Freely Chosen Employment
- Child Labor Avoidance
- Working Hours
- Wages and Benefits
- Humane Treatment
- Freedom of Association
III. MEPSB shall be guided by the following Ethical Standards:
- Business Integrity
- No Improper Advantage
- Disclosure of Information
- Intellectual Property
- Fair Business, Advertising and Competition
- Protection of Identity
This Labor and Ethics Policy applies to all employees and suppliers of MEPSB and shall be implemented in accordance with local labor laws. MEPSB shall adopt a management system whose scope is related to the content of this Policy. The management system shall be designed to ensure (a) compliance with applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements related to MEPSB operations and products; (b) conformance with this Policy; and (c) identification and mitigation of operational risks related to this Policy. It should also facilitate continual improvement.
Each MEPSB factory director shall be responsible in fulfilling this commitment by providing direction to attain compliance with all applicable labor laws and standards.
Each local Human Resources Department head shall be MEPSB’s designated representative for labor and ethics polices and shall be responsible for assuring and facilitating compliance with labor and ethics laws, regulations, codes, standards, and management systems. The local Human Resources Department will work with the appropriate departments to:
- Identify, monitor and understand applicable labor and ethics laws and standards,
- Identify and assess labor practice and ethics risks associated with MEPSB operations and then develop and implement appropriate procedures to manage identified risks,
- Establish labor and ethics objectives and perform a periodic assessment to assess achievement of objectives,
- Create training programs for managers and workers to implement policies and procedures,
- Communicate information about policies and practices to stakeholders, and
- Conduct periodic self-evaluations and maintain appropriate documents and records.